Print this Page

About Us

John Randolph Tucker High School, located in the Three Chopt Division, opened in 1962. At that time, a group of Henrico county judges decided that the school should be named for John Randolph Tucker (1879-1954) a lawyer and law professor. Tucker served as general counsel for the State Corporation Commission of Virginia. He was a professor of Private Corporations and Constitutional Law at T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond. He eventually became president of both the Virginia Bar Association and the Richmond City Bar Association. With John Tucker’s leadership at the 1932 General Assembly, legislation was authorized to allow counties to adopt the county manager form of government. In 1934, the county manager form of government went into effect in Henrico County.

Video: John Randolph Tucker: A Heritage of Law


Permanent link to this article: